All The Style Advice You Need To Be A Chic Traveler
To travel in comfort, yet remain pulled together and looking good: I wish more people realized how easy this can be. Many of you don't want to sacrifice your go-to's, like leggings or sneakers, and you don't need to. Just follow these rules and discover how to get dressed for travel, the truly style savvy way. -TR
- Inspect your leggings to ensure an opaque, matte finish. Never go shiny or sheer. I love these by Splendid, maker of all things comfy and cotton.
- Layer, layer, layer. A blazer gives you the pulled together feel you need so you can arrive ready for anything. Pair with a short sleeve, room-y tee so you can shed layers when feeling too warm.
- When traveling in leggings, we want you to stay monochromatic and choose (let’s face it) black.
- Add your pop of color by topping with a wrap. White & Warren makes high quality cashmere travel wraps that double as blanket and scarf, and can be worn with or without your blazer. Again, options for layering are key.
- Choose mules or slingbacks with a pointed toe. It goes without saying that flats keep you moving and mobile so you’re able to handle your baggage. These Loeffler Randall flats are both comfortable and easy to remove, but a pointed toe creates the sleek silhouette needed to keep your leggings from looking less than.
Ok, but skip the sporty styles. Save them for your workout. Trust me when I say the right rubber slip-on or sleek sneaker can feel just as good as your lived-in gym shoes. Here, six non-sneaker sneakers to try.
If you’re going to sport sneakers like the ones we're recommending, be sure to keep other elements of your outfit just as casual. Here, six travel bags to pair with these cool kicks.
Avoid pairing anything overly dressy with this laid-back look. That means please leave things like structured top handle bags, ruffled blouses, and wide leg trousers at home. Below, picks for pants that are comfortable and look best when paired with chic travel sneakers.
-A word on color when wearing sneakers for travel: keep to neutrals and only add one pop of color, if color’s your thing (this is the same rule to follow when wearing leggings).
-Jewelry: keep it minimal. The items below add just the right extra when traveling.